Monday, October 18, 2010

THE BIG APPLE


This was me in HS, I grew up rebelling, as any other adolesent of said age!  I was a happy teenager for the most  part and didn't get into much trouble.  I was a teenager when I made the comment I never wanted to see New York City. I know, big statement for a person who has no idea what they are talking about or what  they may miss by not seeing something of that magnitude!


It wasn't until last year, upon meeting the adopted brother I'd only heard my Mom mention 1 time during my teenage life, when going through a rough spurt of said teenage life.  But I pulled through and never forgot the story my mom told me about the brother, up until last year, I never thought I would meet. 

He hates this picture and yes we really are big dorks!      

So Ive met my adopted brother that I never thought Id meet and it was nice while he was here, he doesn't live here.  so we were talking and where he lives is not to far from New York City. So I had this CrAzY idea that it would be awesome to go see his town and visit New York City while Im there.  Im excited to say it could happen.  Soon I hope!



"These violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder; which as they kiss consume."   --- Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI ---- I love Romeo & Juliet
Romeo and Juliet

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Keeping fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that must have been such a crazy experience. I've always wanted to meet my biological father but have not yet mustered up the guts to find him. Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was awesome meeting the brother, we still talk, so it's all good, but there is a lot of miles between Georgia and MA. :( yes! Keep those fingers crossed for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: