Thursday, January 13, 2011

Someone talk me down...

Save room today for my, what?  Day 9 in my 2011, but I shall start with this less pleasant news for today.

What is a Brain Aneurysm?

A brain aneurysm, also called a cerebral or intracranial aneurysm, is an abnormal bulging outward of one of the arteries in the brain. It is estimated that up to one in 15 people in the United States will develop a brain aneurysm during their lifetime.
Brain aneurysms are often discovered when they rupture, causing bleeding into the brain or the space closely surrounding the brain called the subarachnoid space, causing a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Subarachnoid hemorrhage from a ruptured brain aneurysm can lead to a hemorrhagic stroke, brain damage and death.

Ugh, yes, my mom broke the news today that her doctor said she has an aneurysm. Um, yea, so I'm fuckingfreakingout!  I must vent here, my mom has been nothing but tortured with her health issues.  When we were kids they diagnosed her with epilepsy.  That was a hard time in itself, but we were younger and no one really say us down and explained what that really meant.  Nor did we understand why mommy was in the hospital for a while.  But she was put on her medicines and everything seemed fine, as far as we were concerned.  Then in like 2001, the doctors diagnosed her with multiple sclerosis.  Ugh, it was devastating for her and us because we were then old enough to use the Internet and understand exactly what was going on.  So now we're dealing with MS and epilepsy.  Last year she had a severe allergic reaction to mold, after quitting smoking, her doctor proceeds to tell her she has COPD.  Holyfuckingshit what else mom? I'm having  a nervous breakdown.  They wiped that away when her breathing became better, which was because the mold was removed from her home.  Things were OK, for the most part. Her breathing sucked for a while, but she was feeling better.  Now this!  Really?  What else can this mother of mine have to deal with?! Like for real?  WHATTHEFUCK!  I'm breaking down emotionally on the way home, fighting the ice and traffic and the CD player being a bitch.  I'm driving home and just having an emotional breakdown and nervous condition.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for my mom.  Call me a Moma's girl or whatever.  It's just how it is!  So... thanks for reading my bloggers!

5 comments:

  1. I don't really know what to say... I hope that your mom will be ok...
    *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how scary...I am sorry to hear about this. Hey, I admit, I'm a mama's boy too, and I would be every bit as scared for my Mom...wishing you and her all of the best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Starlight, as often as we comment on each other and on facebook, I now consider you my friend :) *hugs* Thank you for all of your support!

    Organic Meatbag- let me say I love that name! haha.. It makes me giggle! Thank you for your kind words also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that's so sweet. I consider you as a friend as well (we must be friends if FB says so, right?)

    I know that people need support in bad times and I would like to help you but I cant otherwise than to write a couple of nice words for you and hope that it makes you feel at least a bit better.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry sweetie - deep breaths!! The hubby has MS, so I can relate....

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: