Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy MONkeyDAY!

Just a bit of an update for tonight... Good followup for Sunday's (last nights) posts I guess. You know the MB hates to go without posting. 

(thanks Odie)


I've been watching "Diners Drive-ins and Dives" here lately.  I really like this show, also like Man vs Food. It's good stuff and sometimes I make mental notes so if I ever travel to any of these places I'm definitely going to visit these food places.

So this week not only have I added to my list but am also going to attempt to make one of the menu items. They didn't share the recipe but I think I could make a MB style.. Maybe? The resturant is called Perfectly Franks. It's in SC! I'm thinking a couple of my Dingleberries are from SC. or living in SC? Have any of you tried this place?  GA isn't far from SC and as soon as I can justify spending the money.  The MB crew  is taking a bit of a road trip. I must give it a shot!

So this week I'm going to attempt to make sweet tea marinated pork chops fried and served as a sammich. Sounds tasty right?   I'm hoping it's tasty!  Should be something different to say the least. They're almost thawed so I can throw them in the marinade for the night and day tomorrow.  Wish me luck.


Moving on...

Mama MB has been dealt a card this go around with her chemotherapy. It's a different medicine. Granny MB keeps telling me that it's only been out for a couple of years. Unfortunately this happens to be the one that is actually giving Mama MB a run for her money (so to speak) Sadly she is in a lot of pain right now. Says her back is really hurting her. It's like going from spot to spot and seems to be like half of her back hurts. It isn't the hurt that's just dull and comes and goes.  When Mama MB says something hurts, ya know it's probably a pain that no one else could bare.  She's popping Tylenol every four hours and only has some Loratabs for pain as well. Taking those every four hours as needed also.  Unfortunately she doesn't enjoy the Loratabs. They make her itch.  I hope her doctor can get her something for pain lined up when she goes in on Thursday. I hate that she wants to wait until Thursday, but it's hard to argue with Mama MB. If she can't get a handle on it after a day off.  I will be sure to press her on the issue.  Granny MB took them out to Wally World today, which we all know is HELL for us healthy folks.  Mama MB can't handle the walking anymore. In the market for a wheel chair now.
Praying that this chemo is working and if it isn't that they can get her onto something else that isn't going to make her hurt like this. 
Keep the prayers coming, because I know she needs them. Keep the prayers going for Tim over at Blast from a Past as well. I read his comments tonight that his  sisters cancer has made  it to the liver. Prayers they get hers under control as well.
Life seems rocky right now and as CW says there is a plan to it all, I just hate that I don't know what the plan is.  Where the plan is heading.
 
Till then...
 
Hang in there!
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Moma Monkey Butt. I wish I could send you something medicinal from here in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chemotherapy has nevver been easy.You really need a lot of courage to handle it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I feel awful for your Mum! Is the chemo working do you know?

    I love Man vs Food too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope for the best for you and your mum MB. Cancer has been a big part of my family life too so I know how tough it can be to deal with. As you say hang in there.

    This seems a bit inappropriate now but if you need maybe a distraction I have something for you on my Blog. No pressure tho

    http://www.thegingerblogman.blogspot.ch/2012/09/i-couldnt-have-done-this-without-being.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in thar Baybee, dats all we can do~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have all of us rooting for you and mama MB. We all seem to know that just the idea of taking chemo means taking bad stuff that not only attacks the cancer but attacks the good stuff too but it has to happen so doing it comes with difficulties. Just hoping it will turn things around for her and the side effects stop giving her a fit. Prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good thoughts and prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete

Dingleberry says: